Valley Springs Farmers Coop's mission is to serve the best quality, most efficeint agricultural services in South Dakota. Our team of professional staff hold trustworthy core values that will meet the changing needs and desires of our farmers. We strive to produce high quality products while respecting and protecting South Dakota's environment.
|Notes||Basis Month||Futures Price||Basis||Cash Price||Futures Change|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
- 5-Straight Days of Decline in Hog Market
- Lean hog futures sank further on Monday, dropping 3-4%. At the low that had December contracts just 35 cents from limit down. Dec hogs have fallen $9.67 from their high just last week, going to lows not seen since January 27th. The National Average Base Hog price from USDA was...
- Tuesday Cattle Follow Broad Market Weakness
- Cattle futures were 0.5% to 1% lower following the USDA COF report, on losses of as much as $1.52. For the December cattle that pulled prices to a low not seen since July. Front month feeder cattle futures ended the first trade day of the week with $1.20 to $1.75...
- Turnaround Tuesday Bounce for Cotton
- Reacting to the condition ratings has the cotton market working on a turnaround Tuesday so far with +200 point gains. Monday’s cotton futures market traded another 4c lower after the limit drop on Friday. Cotton is still +6 cents above the July low. Crop Progress data from NASS showed 67%...
- Soybeans Bouncing Early Tuesday
- Following the broad decline yesterday, beans were stronger overnight. Many markets traded lower on Monday - as seen in metals, energy, stocks and foreign currencies. BO closed off the lows for the day, but prices still ended 1.3% to 1.9% lower. Meal gave back 1.4% to 1.6% in the front...
- Corn Markets Bouncing Thus Far
- Morning corn prices are 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 cents higher after corn futures gave back 1% to 1.6% on Monday. For December that took prices 10 1/2 cents lower. Red Dec was a 55 cent discount to spot December at the close. Preliminary open interest showed net new selling...
- Wheats Bounce for Turnaround Tuesday
- Wheat prices were mostly higher overnight into the Tuesday session, with morning prices setting near highs for the day on double digit gains. Broad based macro selling affected wheat, too. For Monday that left CBT SRW futures 2.5% in the red. December closed 22 1/2 cents lower. KC futures ended...